Log in if you have an account
By creating an account with our store, you will be able to move through the checkout process faster, store multiple addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and more.Create an account
In this two session, advanced level class, you will make the Old Port hat by Andrea Mowry using two-color brioche stitch, brioche increases, and decreases.
In the first session, you will learn the plain two-color brioche in the round.
In the second session, you will expand that knowledge with brioche increases and decreases.
HOMEWORK REQUIRED! Pattern will need to be purchased before class. Cast on and knit pattern prior to the brioche set up round. Bringing the completed brim liner to the first class.
Maximum of 6 students.
• This class will require additional work to be done at home before and between sessions.
• This is an advanced level class, basic knowledge of knit stitch, purl stitch, yarn over stitch, increases and decreases is required.
• Knowledge of knitting in the round is required.
- Old Port Hat pattern by Andrea Mowry
- Size 3 and 4 US 16" circular knitting needles, or needle of same length to obtain gauge
- Two skeins of DK weight yarn in contrasting colors with a minimum yardage of 200 yards each.
- At least four locking stitch markers.
Additional Recommended Materials:
- Pen/pencil for taking notes.
Required homework prior to class:
- Cast on and knit pattern prior to the brioche set up round.
Sundays, March 15 & 22, 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.